Who is Arthur Jones
- Jones, 70 is a former leader of the American Nazi Party and now leads the America First Committee
- A retired insurance agent who lives in suburban Lyons
- Has run for elected offices in Illinois and Wisconsin numerous times since the 1970s
- Is running unopposed as a GOP candidate in a west suburban-based U.S. House race
- Jones’ website contains a section called “Holocaust?” in which he says there is “no proof” the Holocaust ever took place in Europe
Why It Matters
The 3rd Congressional District is one of the most heavily democratic in the State. Chances of a Republican winning in that district are slim to none. No other Republican bothered to run. The deadline passed for a primary election write-in candidate to register, though there is an opportunity for someone to run as a write-in or independent for the Nov. 6 general election. Jones and his views do not represent the Republican party.
Illinois Republican Party Chairman Tim Schneider said,
“The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones,” he said. “We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District.”
Jones speaking of Lindbergh’s group, that “membership in this organization is open to any white American citizen of European, non-Jewish descent.”
Though Lindbergh’s America First message has been echoed by Donald Trump, Jones said in a recent video, filmed at a neo-Nazi retreat in Kentucky, that he had little use for the US president, who “surrounded himself with hoards of Jews including a Jew in his own family, that punk named Jared Kushner.”
This type of person doesn’t represent values that the Republican party stands for. Citizens in Illinois please consider a write-in or independent candidacy for the November election. Even a dead mouse would be better than this turd.