The Democratic party will not be endorsing Dianne Feinstein, 84, for a fifth term representing California. She’s not liberal enough for the Democratic party anymore. Many Democratic activists think she’s sympathetic to Mr. Trump, and suggested she was too conventional in taking on the White House. They are more eager to back her primary challenger, state Senate leader Kevin de Leon, who, they say, is a fresh face with stronger progressive credentials. Both of them failed to earn the 60 percent support needed to win the endorsement.
Here are a few of the Liberal things that Feinstein has done or tried to do.
- She has pushed through legislation turning California land into national preserves, which basically means that the federal government takes the property away from the rest of us
- Strongly supports abortion on demand (which she calls “health care”)
- Voted against the 20-week abortion ban when the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (2015)
- Supported the 2017 government shutdown because illegal aliens were not given special treatment over Amricans
- Voted YES on Congressional pay raise (Jul 2009)
- Voted YES on banning high-capacity magazines of over 10 bullets (Apr 2013)
- Voted YES on continuing federal funds for declared “sanctuary cities”
- Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security
- Supports “Fairness Doctrine” requiring time for leftists during conservative talk radio shows
- Called for an “assault weapons”
- Sponsored unsuccessful legislation to require the licensing of all guns
- Sccused The President of “promoting a homogenous, white society”
- Here’s where she stands on all the issues .
She is facing criticism that she is out of touch with the progressive left. Have the Democrats turned that far left, are they seriously looking for a socialist? Maybe, but she has received the endorsments of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Kamala Harris. Thats not saying much, coming from who the are and what they stand for. Kevin de Leon assumes the people are ready for younger representation.
“The days of Democrats biding our time, biting our tongue, and triangulating at the margins are over,” he said. His speech also reflected a feeling among many Democrats, particularly younger ones, that it is time for the old guard of Democratic leaders here to step aside.
“California’s greatness comes from acts of human audacity, not congressional seniority,”
“California Democrats are hungry for new leadership that will fight for California values from the front lines, not equivocate on the sidelines,”
Regardless of whos running for the democrats, they are the party that continues its push towards socialism, Medicare-for-All, and even outright communism. They’ve already made California the lowest state in the nation when it comes to quality of life, now they want to push for making it one of the lowest in the world.